Pinterest

For unique Bridal and Prom Accessories click on my website below:

Pages

Search This Blog

Friday, February 3

Bride of The Blitz ... Vintage weddings

I've had a commission for a vintage bridal bouquet and whilst I was doing some research, I came across this marvellous photograph which I thought I'd share with you.
This young bride is stepping through the rubble after her parents house was bombed during the war... Windows blown through, having to lift her dress and pick her way through the debris,
yet not even that can dull the obvious joy she is feeling on her wedding day!
What a feisty lady!

Photo from the book "Vintage Weddings" by Marnie Fogg - (an excellent read!)

 

3 comments:

  1. That photo is amazing! I've just had a peek on your Folksy shop as not heard of you until I just saw you in the forums. You have some lovely things! I posted a tutorial for an alterntive wedding bouquet on my blog yesterday, a few people have told me to sell them but I think I'll leave it to you experts! Hx
    www.helenlimbrick.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know! I really love that picture!
    Thanks for your nice comments :-)
    I saw your blog and really liked it - I'm going to try to make one just from felt, fabric and buttons (when I get round to it!!! Annieflo' x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome, that was a nice wedding gown. Thanks for sharing this to us and looking forward always for more updates.

    ReplyDelete